Flex Innovations FV-31 Cypher VTOL PNP
Item #: FPM3870-WHT
Manufacturer: Flex Innovations
Manufacturer’s Product Number: FPM3870-WHT
Shipping is only valid in the continental United States. If the delivery address is outside the continental USA, a Fan Jets USA member will contact you to arrange for shipping rates and payment. We can’t ship any Flex Innovations products to Alaska.
Pricing Note: The price listed includes a cargo container “shared ocean freight” cost. Fan Jets USA is charging a lower ocean freight fee than Flex Innovations. Purchase from Fan Jets USA and save!
The Flex Innovations Super Plug -N- Play FV-31 Cypher VTOL EDF is the most advanced and versatile vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) and short take-off and landing (STOL) model aircraft of its type. Two fixed EDF units are mounted towards the leading edge of the wing, while two larger EDF units are mounted to a rotating pod at the rear of the aircraft. This advanced EDF configuration provides the greatest in total performance versatility while remaining simple to use and easy to fly.
Thanks to the Flex Innovations developed FLEXF3 stabilization board, you get a total of six unique ways you can fly while being able to choose between any of them at any time during the flight. These flight modes work seamlessly together to offer the most stable and predictable flight experience possible. Pilots will always retain total control, even during transitions between modes. The pilot can select between two stabilization profiles (Beginner and Advanced) as well as 3 distinct flight configurations (Hover, 45º “Magic” and Conventional).
The Cypher has two Stability Profiles chosen from a simple 2-position transmitter switch.
The Beginner Profile (6-axis)prevents the pilot from commanding the aircraft into an unwanted attitude (like inverted) by limiting the roll and pitch angles. Also, when the pilot centers his sticks, the aircraft will automatically return itself to level upright flight. This is extremely beneficial to newer pilots, or even for those more experienced pilots that may not be as comfortable with certain flight modes and just want that extra assistance.
The Advanced Profile (3-axis) uses a more traditional stabilization and control type. This provides some assistance for helping dampen the effects of wind, torque, and much more but the pilot won’t even notice that it is there. The aircraft is fully capable in this profile; from flips and rolls to pinwheels and insanely fast flat
spins, the pilot can fly uninhibited.
Along with the two stabilization profiles, the Cypher also has 3 different Flight Configurations, which can be easily transitioned between any time the pilot chooses to move a simple 3-position transmitter switch.
In Hover Configuration, the rear EDF units are rotated near level and the aircraft flies similarly to a multi-rotor or helicopter. The aircraft can take off and land vertically and can fly in virtually any direction. Flips and rolls are even possible in this flight mode!
In Conventional Configuration, the rear EDF units are rotated 90º so that they are perpendicular to the wing. In this configuration, the aircraft flies like any standard airplane, using the elevons for roll and pitch control. Amazing pinwheels and insanely fast flat spins can be done thanks to the aircraft’s differential thrust for yaw control.
45º ‘Magic’ Configuration is where the magic really happens. In this flight mode, the rear EDF units are rotated to a 45º angle, allowing for extremely short take-offs and landings, quick flips and rolls, and more. The Cypher flies like a hybrid between a fixed-wing aircraft and a multi-rotor or helicopter in this flight mode. Unbelievably slow forward flight, while still being stable and in full control, even in higher wind speeds. Something so unique, you just need to experience it yourself!
The Cypher is an aircraft that must be experienced to fully understand its easy, yet versatile and entertaining flight performance envelope. With so many ways to fly, you won’t get tired of exploring everything that’s possible with the FV-31 Cypher VTOL EDF. And don’t forget, just like any other Flex Innovations Super PNP aircraft, the Cypher comes out of the box virtually ready to fly. Assembly and aircraft setup can be completed in less than one hour!
GREAT FEATURES INCLUDED!
- Three in-flight selectable configurations! You can take-off, maneuver, and land in any of them!
- Hover Configuration
- 45-Degree “Magic” Configuration for unprecedented VTOL control, even in wind.
- Conventional Forward Flight Configuration
- Two in-flight selectable profiles
- Beginner: Six-Axis Auto-Leveling Stabilized Profile (also limits bank and pitch angles to prevent unwanted attitudes)
- Advanced: Three-Axis Stabilized Profile
- 4 EDF units for great power and control and improved safety.
- Bluetooth Module and Micro-USB cable included. Make adjustments and settings with any of these (see manual and WIKI for details):
- Apple iOS iPhone or iPad
- Windows 10 PC
- Assemble and Set-up in about an hour
- Stiff and light EPO Airframe
- Large battery compartment with easy component access
- 4 x 40A 32 bit brushless ESC with Switching BEC
- 2 larger Rear, and 2 smaller Front custom-matched Potenza brushless Motors
- (3) Potenza DS15 digital servos for controls (2 x elevon, 1 x nose wheel steering)
- (1) S0090 Metal Gear Standard Servo for rear fan tilt
- Precise ball bearing-supported tilt tube for rear fans
- Steerable nose-wheel and full landing gear for taxi, takeoff, and landing
- Differential thrust yaw control in forwarding flight.
- Choice of two factory-applied trim schemes
RECOMMENDED COMPLETION ITEMS:
- Potenza 3S 2600 45C battery (FPZB26003S45)
- Potenza 3S 3500 75C battery (FPZB35003S75) – Highest Recommended!
- Choose a ‘serial capable’ Receiver for your radio brand. Top Suggestions:
- Spektrum 4649T Serial Telemetry receiver (SPM4649T)
- Futaba R2001SB S.Bus S-FHSS Receiver (FUTR2001SB)
- Futaba R6303SB S.Bus FASST Reciever (FUTR6303SB)
- Futaba R7003SB S.Bus FASSTest Receiver (FUTR7003SB)
- Jeti EX R3 Receiver
- JR DMSS RG712BX Receiver
- Hitec Optima SL Receiver
- 6+ Channel Computer Radio with compatible Serial Data Capable Receiver Required
- For customers using something other than Spektrum SRXL, an iOS device (iPhone or iPad), Android device, or Windows-based PC is Required to select radio type.
|Weight:||3 lb 10 oz||1.68 kg (with 3S 3500 75C battery)|
|Fans:||4 Blade||Custom Counter Rotating|
|Motors:||Potenza (4)||Custom Brushless|
|Channels:||6*||6+ channel computer transmitter
*Required for Flight Configurations and Flight Profiles
|Battery:||3S 2200-5200 mAh
||45C or higher for best performance|
For Spektrum users, our highest recommended receiver is the SPM4649T, It is small and light and supports Telemetry. The AR8010T, AR9030T, and AR7700 also work well. The receivers with a ‘T’ support Telemetry which is very useful with the Cypher.
For Futaba users:
Our highest recommended FASST receiver is the R6303SB.
For FHSS, the R2001SB.
For FASSTest, the R7003SB. The 7008SB has a Voltage telemetry port.
For Jeti, the EX R3 receiver is a good choice we have validated.
For JR DMSS, the RG712BX receiver is a good choice we have validated.
For Hitec, the Optima SL and Maxima SL receivers with the ‘S.bus’ output are validated.
Insurance Note: Fan Jets USA recommends the purchase of shipping insurance. If insurance is not purchased and the package is lost or damaged, the most that can be claimed with the USPS and awarded to the purchaser (shipment recipient) is $50.00. Fan Jets USA is not responsible for reimbursing the purchaser the difference of an order of any amount. Shipping charges are not included in an insurance claim per USPS guidelines.
CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
|Dimensions||1 × 1 × 1 in|