Flex Innovations RV-8 10E 70CC FLS
$1,349.99 – $1,799.99
Item #: FPM20
Manufacturer: Flex Innovations
Manufacturer’s Product Number: FPM20
Shipping is only valid in the continental United States. If the delivery address is outside the continental USA, a Fan Jets USA member will contact you to arrange for shipping rates and payment. We can’t ship any Flex Innovations products to Alaska.
Pricing Note: The price listed includes a cargo container “shared ocean freight” cost. Fan Jets USA is charging a lower ocean freight fee than Flex Innovations. Purchase from Fan Jets USA and save!
The RV-8 70cc FLS (FeatherLite Series) is a 35% scale model of the famous experimental Van’s Aircraft RV-8. Designer and World Champion Quique Somenzini has taken a completely new approach with the design of the RV-8 70cc FLS. A massive air frame, with over 2000 square inches (130 sq. dm.) of wing area, that comes in at 23 pounds (10.4 kg) flying weight, offers such an incredibly lightly loaded air frame, it feels like you are flying something lighter than air. Couple the extremely light wing loading with key design and geometric details from the master himself, and you get an aircraft that has a incredible flight envelope.
Along with the incredible air frame design of the RV-8 70cc FLS, it is also designed to accept multiple power systems, including 60cc electric setups that allow you to fly anywhere from 5 to 8 minutes on a typical 12S Li-Po setup! We also can’t forget about its float-ready air frame either! The optional RV-8 70cc FLS Float Set includes everything needed to get it on the water, and is also available to match your RV-8 70cc FLS’ color scheme.
This is an airplane that you need to truly experience for yourself, and once you have, you’ll quickly add one to your hangar! From its insane stability at walking speeds with the flaps down, to classic 3D and precision aerobatic maneuvers, the RV-8 70cc FLS has the flight performance and versatility that is for every pilot, of virtually every skill level.
GREAT FEATURES INCLUDED!
- Huge wing area (over 2000 sq. in. or 130 sq. dm.) with a scant 23 pound (10.4 kg) flying weight. That’s like flying a 120cc aerobatic model at nearly two-thirds the weight!
- Designed by F3A and 3D World Champion, Quique Somenzini.
- Massive control surfaces with large deflections for the utmost in maneuverability.
- Removable tail, including the vertical fin, allows the easy transport of the RV-8 70cc FLS in more compact vehicles.
- Electric-ready air frame allows most 65cc or similar electric motors to be installed without modification.
- Painted Carbon fiber landing gear included.
- Large canopy hatch for easy access to internal components.
- Float-Ready air frame allows for easy installation of the optional RV-8 70cc FLS Float set.
- Lightweight foam cockpit floor and instrument panel are included.
- Pre-cut baffles for the DA-70 are included.
- 2 vastly different color schemes are sure to fit personalities of all types.
- Turnbuckle-style push rods, ball links and turnbuckle wrench included.
- Accepts gas engines from 60-70cc, or equivalent electric motors, like the Desert Aircraft DA-70, or the Potenza 65cc Brushless Motor
- Air frame easily accepts 2 to 1 canister installs.
- Easily removable wings for transport and storage.
- Factory-applied trim scheme.
- All ARF Features, plus:
- Factory-installed Potenza DS22209HV servos for ailerons, flaps, and elevators.
- Potenza DS49010BLHV servo included for rudder (not installed so you can choose your mounting location!)
- (7) Potenza, 2-inch, Clamping, Aluminum Servo Arms included for flight control surfaces.
- Factory-installed servo extensions for ailerons, flaps, and elevators. Rudder servo extension included.
- Factory-hinged control surfaces.
- Factory-sealed main wing and horizontal tail hinge gaps.
- Factory-installed aileron, flap and elevator control horns.
- Factory-assembled aileron, flap and elevator linkages are ready for final servo centering and hookup.
|Length:||90 in. (2288 mm)|
|Wingspan:||100 in. (2540 mm)|
|Weight:||23 lb. 3 oz. (10.5 kg) Gas Engine Weight|
CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
|Dimensions||74 × 23 × 31 in|
|ARF or ARFSV||