RBC L-39 Albatros 90mm kit
Item #: RBC-L39WW54720
Manufacturer: RBC Kits
Manufacturer’s Product Number: RBC-L39WW54720
RBC L-39 Albatros 90mm Kit
The Aero L-39 Albatros is a high-performance jet trainer developed in Czechoslovakia by Aero Vodochody. It was designed during the 1960s as a replacement for the Aero L-29 Delfín as a principal training aircraft. It was the first trainer aircraft to be equipped with a turbofan power plant. The type was exported to a wide range of countries as a military trainer.
The RBC L-39 Albatros is a moderate build kit and will create a great looking jet that will get attention at the flying field. The RBC kit features construction of balsa, plywood and abs plastic to make an easy to build/repair kit that has great slow flying characteristics and lands slow like a trainer. The kit contains all parts cnc cut including all wood to finish the kit. A large clear cad drawing with instructions is also included and a vacuum formed canopy along with front air intake. It features a large top hatch for easy access to the battery and receiver area. Instructions are on a cd and built on a frame where the parts interlock for strength. It features removable wings for easy transportation.
Does not come with decals, landing gear or hardware kit.
BUILDERS NOTE: REFER TO THE “ELECTRIC SETUP GUIDELINE” ON THE HOME PAGE TO HELP DETERMINE THE PROPER SET UP FOR FAN, ESC, MOTOR AND BATTERY.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR COMPLETION:
- Ducted Fan: 90mm class fan unit- Jetfan 90, HET 9305, Wemotec Midifan, Schubeler DS-51, JP Hobby and others.
- Brush less Motor: 90mm Class
- Electronic Speed Control: Brushless
- Retract Gear: Servo-less Retract with Metal Trunion 44mm x 41mm Mount x3 (JP Hobby 005 electric retracts and 005 Oleo Struts recommended)
- Radio: 6ch for regular operation: Ailerons, flaps, elevator, rudder, throttle, retracts
- Servos: 6x 13g or higher with metal gears (flaps x2, elevator x2, rudder (thin wing servo) and nose steering)
- Servos: 2x 30G or higher with metal gears for ailerons. Thin wing servos recommended.
- Li-Po Battery: 6-8s recommended w/ 40C discharge rate or higher with 4,500-5,800mAh
- Wheels: Nose wheel 50mm/ 2″ Inch, Main wheel up to 80 mm/Wheel Max
- 2x Y Servo Connector-flaps and elevator
- 1 ft Red and Black Silicone Wire
- Battery and Gilt Connectors, canopy closing,hinges ,horns ,small parts to your choice
- CA and Epoxy glues
- Hinges for control surfaces
- Servo Extensions- Ailerons (x2), Flap (x2), Rudder, Throttle (x2), Retract, Elevator
RBC L39 maiden flight with head cam.
Second Flight on L-39
Insurance Note: Fan Jets USA recommends the purchase of shipping insurance. If insurance is not purchased and the package is lost or damaged, the most that can be claimed with the USPS and awarded to the purchaser (shipment recipient) is $50.00. Fan Jets USA is not responsible for reimbursing the purchaser the difference of an order of any amount. Shipping charges are not included in an insurance claim per USPS guidelines.
CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
|Dimensions||41.5 × 11 × 6 in|
You may also like…
USPS International Shipping Insurance$6.50 – $32.85 Select options
JP Hobby ER-005 Electric Retracts
$179.99Add to cart
JP Hobby ER-005 Oleo Struts-Single Nose Wheel
$79.99Add to cart
JP Hobby ER120 Electric Retracts
$179.99Add to cart
USPS Domestic Shipping Insurance$2.80 – $28.25 Select options