RBC Hawker Sea Hawk 90mm Kit
Item #: RBC-HAW2IT7S34
Manufacturer: RBC Kits
Manufacturer’s Product Number: RBC-HAW2IT7S34
Out of stock
RBC Hawker Sea Hawk 90mm Kit
The Hawker Sea Hawk is a British single-seat jet day-fighter of the Fleet Air Arm (FAA), the air branch of the Royal Navy (RN), built by Hawker Aircraft and its sister company, Armstrong Whitworth Aircraft. Although its design originated from earlier Hawker piston-engined fighters, the Sea Hawk became the company’s first jet aircraft.
Following acceptance in the RN, the Sea Hawk proved to be a reliable and sturdy workhorse. A considerable number were also produced for the export market and were operated from aircraft carriers in Dutch and Indian service. The last operational Sea Hawks, operated by the Indian Navy, were retired in 1983.
The RBC Hawker Sea Hawk is a moderate build kit and will create a great looking jet that will get attention at the flying field. The RBC kit features construction of balsa, plywood and abs plastic to make an easy to build/repair kit that has great slow flying characteristics and lands slow like a trainer. The kit contains all parts cnc cut including all wood to finish the kit. A large clear cad drawing with instructions is also included and a vacuum formed canopy. It features a large top hatch for easy access to the battery and receiver area. Instructions are on a cd and built on a frame where the parts interlock for strength. It features removable wings for easy transportation.
Does not come with decals, landing gear or hardware kit.
BUILDERS NOTE: REFER TO THE “ELECTRIC SETUP GUIDELINE” ON THE HOME PAGE TO HELP DETERMINE THE PROPER SET UP FOR FAN, ESC, MOTOR AND BATTERY.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR COMPLETION:
- Ducted Fan: 90mm class fan unit- Jetfan 90, HET 9305, Wemotec Midifan, Schubeler DS-51, JP Hobby and others.
- Brush less Motor: 90mm Class
- Electronic Speed Control: Brush less
- Retract Gear: JP Hobby 64-90mm Servo-less Retract with Metal Trunion 44mm x 41mm Mount x3
- Radio: 6ch for regular operation: Ailerons, flaps, elevator, rudder, throttle, retracts (steering)
- Servos: 6x 13g or higher with metal gears
- Li-Po Battery: 6-8s recommended w/ 40C discharge rate or higher with 4,500-5,800mAh
- Wheels: Nose wheel 50mm/ 2″ Inch, Main wheel up to 100 mm/ 4″ Wheel Max
- 3 in Y Servo Connector-Retracts
- 1 ft Red and Black Silicone Wire
- Battery and Gilt Connectors, canopy closing,hinges ,horns ,small parts to your choice
- CA and Epoxy glues
- Servo Extensions- Ailerons (x2), Flap (x2), Rudder, Throttle, Retract, Elevator
Small Parts not included in kit:
- M3 nut 4x
- M3x10 4x wing fastening
- 2,9×13 woodscrew for retracts and fan 16x
- Hinges : ca type 13x
- Hinges: medium 14x
- Fastener 2,2×6 30x (wheel doors etc)
- Fastener 2,2×9 10x(hinges etc)
- Brass tube 5×25 4x main wheel doors mounting
- aluminum sheet 220x200x0,5 landing gear hatches is included
- Canopy lock
- Horns 6x
- Steel wire 1,5mmx500 aileron, flap, elevator steering
- Steel wire 0,8mmx250 front retract steering
- Retract legs, steel 5mm mm bend yourself for grass recommended, or use commercial units
- Wheels Main 90-95mm Front 60mm super light
Insurance Note: Fan Jets USA recommends the purchase of shipping insurance. If insurance is not purchased and the package is lost or damaged, the most that can be claimed with the USPS and awarded to the purchaser (shipment recipient) is $50.00. Fan Jets USA is not responsible for reimbursing the purchaser the difference of an order of any amount. Shipping charges are not included in an insurance claim per USPS guidelines.
|Dimensions||41.5 × 11 × 6 in|