RBC F-84F Thunderstreak
Item #: RBC-1072
Manufacturer: RBC Kits
Manufacturer’s Product Number: RBC-1072
Out of stock
RBC F-84F Thunderstreak 90mm Kit
The Republic F-84F Thunderstreak was an American-built swept-wing turbojet fighter-bomber. While an evolutionary development of the straight-wing F-84 Thunderjet, the F-84F was a new design. The RF-84F Thunderflash was a photo reconnaissance version.
Equipped with six 50 caliber machine guns and capable of delivering up to three tons of bombs or rockets, the F-84F never used any of its combat capabilities while in service with the USAF. A front-line fighter-bomber that can’t get off the ground won’t last in front-line service for long. Thunderstreaks were removed from active duty squadrons beginning in 1955. They were replaced primarily by North American F-100 Super Sabres. All remaining F-84Fs were being flown by Air National Guard (ANG) and Air Force Reserve (USAFR or AFRES) squadrons by mid-1958.
The RBC F-84F Thunderstreak is a moderate build kit and will create a great looking jet that will get attention at the flying field. The RBC kit features construction of balsa, plywood and abs plastic to make an easy to build/repair kit that has great slow flying characteristics and lands slow like a trainer. The kit contains all parts cnc cut including all wood to finish the kit. A large clear cad drawing with instructions is also included and a vacuum formed canopy along with front air intake. It features a large top hatch for easy access to the battery and receiver area. Instructions are on a cd and built on a frame where the parts interlock for strength. It features removable wings for easy transportation.
Does not come with decals, landing gear or hardware kit.
BUILDERS NOTE: REFER TO THE “ELECTRIC SETUP GUIDELINE” ON THE HOME PAGE TO HELP DETERMINE THE PROPER SET UP FOR FAN, ESC, MOTOR AND BATTERY.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR COMPLETION:
- Ducted Fan: 90mm class fan unit- Jetfan 90, HET 9305, Wemotec Midifan, Schubeler DS-51, JP Hobby and others.
- Brush less Motor: 90mm Class
- Electronic Speed Control: Brush less
- Retract Gear: Servo-less Retract with Metal Trunion 44mm x 41mm Mount x3 (JP Hobby 005 electric retracts and 005 Oleo Struts recommended)
- Radio: 6ch for regular operation: Ailerons, flaps, elevator, rudder, throttle, retracts (steering)
- Servos: 7x 13g or higher with metal gears
- Li-Po Battery: 6-8s recommended w/ 40C discharge rate or higher with 4,500-5,800mAh
- Wheels: Nose wheel 50mm/ 2″ Inch, Main wheel up to 100 mm/ 4″ Wheel Max
- 3 in Y Servo Connector-Retracts
- 1 ft Red and Black Silicone Wire
- Battery and Gilt Connectors, canopy closing,hinges ,horns ,small parts to your choice
- CA and Epoxy glues
- Servo Extensions- Ailerons (x2), Flap (x2), Rudder, Throttle, Retract, Elevator
Insurance Note: Fan Jets USA recommends the purchase of shipping insurance. If insurance is not purchased and the package is lost or damaged, the most that can be claimed with the USPS and awarded to the purchaser (shipment recipient) is $50.00. Fan Jets USA is not responsible for reimbursing the purchaser the difference of an order of any amount. Shipping charges are not included in an insurance claim per USPS guidelines.
CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
|Dimensions||41.5 × 11 × 6 in|