RBC Jet Provost T-4
Item #: RBC-1115
Manufacturer: RBC Kits
Manufacturer’s Product Number: RBC-1115
Stock Notice: This is not a normal stock item with Fan Jets USA. If one is wanted it needs to be purchased as a back order. It will then be placed with our next RBC Kits order.
RBC Jet Provost T-4
The BAC Jet Provost is a British jet trainer aircraft that was in use with the Royal Air Force (RAF) from 1955 to 1993. It was originally developed by Hunting Percival from the earlier piston engine-powered Percival Provost basic trainer, and later produced by the British Aircraft Corporation (BAC). In addition to the multiple RAF orders, the Jet Provost, sometimes with light armament, was exported to many air forces worldwide. The design was also further developed into a more heavily armed ground attack variant under the name BAC Strikemaster.
The Jet Provost T-4 is an easy to build and fly kit that is a great choice for your first edf jet. It has a wide flight envelope as it can serve as a trainer or turn up the speed and you have an aerobatic thrill ride. RBC Kits created a great looking jet that is easy to repair. The RBC kit features construction of balsa, plywood and abs plastic to make an easy to build/repair kit that has great flying characteristics. The kit contains all parts cnc cut including all wood to finish the Provost T-4. A large clear cad drawing is also included and a vacuum formed canopy, nose cone and tip tanks. It features a large top hatch for easy access to the battery and receiver area. Instructions are on a cd and built on a frame where the parts interlock for strength. It features removable wings for easy transportation.
Does not come with decals, landing gear or hardware kit.
BUILDERS NOTE: REFER TO THE “ELECTRIC SETUP GUIDELINE” ON THE HOME PAGE TO HELP DETERMINE THE PROPER SET UP FOR FAN, ESC, MOTOR AND BATTERY.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR COMPLETION:
- Ducted Fan: 90mm class fan unit- Jetfan 90, HET 9305, Wemotec Midifan, Schubeler DS-51 and others
- Brush less Motor: 90mm Class
- Electronic Speed Control: Brush less
- Retract Gear: Servo-less Retract with Metal Trunion
- Struts: Struts need to be 3-4 inches and straight. Recommend the JP Hobby 005 struts and retracts.
- Radio: 6ch for regular operation: Ailerons, flaps, elevator, rudder, throttle, retracts (steering)
- Servos: 2x 30g or higher (ailerons) , 5x 13g or higher metal gear
- Li-Po Battery: 6-8s recommended w/ 40C discharge rate or higher 4500mAh
- Wheels: Nose wheel 55mm, Main wheel 60-65mm (max 80mm diameter)
- Battery and Gilt Connectors, canopy closing, hinges , horns , small parts to your choice
- CA and Epoxy glues
- Servo Extensions- Ailerons (x2), Flap (x2), Rudder, Throttle, Retract
Insurance Note: Fan Jets USA recommends the purchase of shipping insurance. If insurance is not purchased and the package is lost or damaged, the most that can be claimed with the USPS and awarded to the purchaser (shipment recipient) is $50.00. Fan Jets USA is not responsible for reimbursing the purchaser the difference of an order of any amount. Shipping charges are not included in an insurance claim per USPS guidelines.
CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
|Dimensions||39 × 10 × 5 in|