RBC P59 Airacomet 90mm Kit
Item #: RBC-P59G7M7670
Manufacturer: RBC Kits
Manufacturer’s Product Number: RBC-P59G7M7670
RBC P59 Airacomet 90mm Kit
The Bell P-59 Airacomet was a twin jet-engined fighter aircraft, the first produced in the United States, designed and built by Bell Aircraft during World War II. The United States Army Air Forces were not impressed by its performance and cancelled the contract when fewer than half of the aircraft ordered had been produced. Although no P-59s entered combat, the fighter paved the way for another design generation of U.S. turbojet-powered aircraft, and was the first turbojet fighter to have its turbojet engine and air inlet nacelles integrated within the main fuselage.
The RBC P59 Airacomet is a moderate build kit and will create a great looking jet that will get attention at the flying field. The RBC kit features construction of balsa, plywood and abs plastic to make an easy to build/repair kit that has great slow flying characteristics and lands slow like a trainer. The kit contains all parts cnc cut including all wood to finish the kit. A large clear cad drawing with instructions is also included and a vacuum formed canopy along with front air intake. It features a large top hatch for easy access to the battery and receiver area. Instructions are on a cd and built on a frame where the parts interlock for strength. It features removable wings for easy transportation.
Does not come with decals, landing gear or hardware kit.
BUILDERS NOTE: REFER TO THE “ELECTRIC SETUP GUIDELINE” ON THE HOME PAGE TO HELP DETERMINE THE PROPER SET UP FOR FAN, ESC, MOTOR AND BATTERY.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR COMPLETION:
- Ducted Fan: 90mm class fan unit- Jetfan 90, HET 9305, Wemotec Midifan, Schubeler DS-51, JP Hobby and others.
- Brush less Motor: 90mm Class
- Electronic Speed Control: Brush less
- Lipo Battery: 8s 5000mAh 40 (Recommended by RBC)
- Retract Gear: Servo-less Retract with Metal Trunion 44mm x 41mm Mount x3
- Oleo Struts: Recommend the JP Hobby 005 struts and retracts.
- Radio: 6ch for regular operation: Ailerons, flaps, elevator, rudder, throttle, retracts (steering)
- Servos: 5x 13g or higher with metal gears, 2x 30g metal gear servos for ailerons
- Li-Po Battery: 6-8s recommended w/ 40C discharge rate or higher with 4,500-5,800mAh
- Wheels: Nose wheel 50mm/ 2″ Inch, Main wheel up to 100 mm/ 4″ Wheel Max
- 3 in Y Servo Connector-Retracts
- 1 ft Red and Black Silicone Wire
- Battery and Gilt Connectors, canopy closing,hinges ,horns ,small parts to your choice
- CA and Epoxy glues
- Servo Extensions- Ailerons (x2), Flap (x2), Rudder, Throttle, Retract, Elevator
Insurance Note: Fan Jets USA recommends the purchase of shipping insurance. If insurance is not purchased and the package is lost or damaged, the most that can be claimed with the USPS and awarded to the purchaser (shipment recipient) is $50.00. Fan Jets USA is not responsible for reimbursing the purchaser the difference of an order of any amount. Shipping charges are not included in an insurance claim per USPS guidelines.
CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
|Dimensions||38 × 10 × 5 in|